Kansai airport neighbourhood railmap (french)
Book on Japanican: find Kansai airport et look at the map, some hotels are not so near. You have to be near Izumisano ou Hineno stations.
Book on Booking.com: type Kansai airport or Izumisano and look at the map, some hotels are not so near. You have to be near Izumisano ou Hineno stations.
- Bellevue Garden Hotel (former Ramada, years ago Holiday Inn) in Izumisano (single 8400¥, good hotel, airport shuttle included)
- Seagull in Iharanosato (business hotel, affordable rates, airport shuttle included, shopping center right next to eat cheap, but only local trains), 6000¥
- Airport Inn Prince Hotel: basic japanese business hotel, near Izumisano station, 5000¥
- 2 onsen hotels: Kansai Airport Spa Hotel Garden Palace, 8400¥, shuttle from Izumisano or Rinkutown stations; Inunakiyama Grand Hotel (in the hills, very nice surroundings, a little far for morning planes).
- Lodge in Iharanosato not recommended for girls, Owner very insistent to dress caucasian girls in kimonos to take pictures. For stone broke boys.
There are also de luxe hotels at (or near) the airport (Nikko in the airport, single 9500¥ Internet booking, localy 21000¥) , ANA in Rinkutown (from 8550¥ single), Washington in Rinkutown (8400¥ single).
If you have a JR Rail Pass Kanku Hineno in Hineno (7800¥ single).
2. You can take a Nankai train to Wakayama, then the Nankai
ferry for Tokushima port then a bus for Tokushima 4
(+ 200¥ bus). The cheapest.
In Sannomiya 三ノ宮 (Kobe)
Follow San no miya bus terminal 三ノ宮 バス ターミナル signs, at the foot of MINT building, the bus for "Shikoku direction" Shikoku houmen 四国方面 starts from bus stop number 6.
|The train for Sannomiya (Kobe) or Maiko
is the best choice if you start from
OSAKA City (1h 780¥)
KYOTO (1h24 1530¥) (1h 3980¥ / Shinkansen)
(Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Maikokouen are included in Kansai thru pass)
NAGOYA Central airport (2h36 9140¥)
TOKYO (3h27 14960¥ / Shinkansen)
NARITA Tokyo airport (4h32 16950¥)
In Naruto, you can sleep at Sanukiya Ryokan. Internet booking is possible (Japanese Inn), 20 mn walking from 高速鳴門 Kousoku Naruto motorway bus stop. Japanese Inn
In Tokushima, about 50 hotels near the station, that you can find on your "Shikoku 88 Route Guide", beetween temples 17 and 18, or on the maps 四 国 遍路 ひとり 歩き 同行 二人. You can book before departure, but not the cheapest: Japan Travel Bureau
If you don't speak Japanese, take the bus bound for Tokushima at the airport. The Tokushima terminal is in front of Sunroute Hotel, that you can book on the web or locally for 6800
big western style room, 11th floor o-furo included,
computer and Internet in each room, where you can plan out your trip after 2 days of plane and trains, and a 7-8 hours jetlag.
In front of the station, all shops and restaurants, Clement Plaza Post ATM (4th floor) and Post office ATM.
In the Meiten-gai building, on the left here under, facing Sogo departement store.
(Caution, old address in "88 route guide" 2007 edition. OK in 2009 edition)
Or you can take the train to Temple number 1 Ryozenji 霊山寺:
From Tokushima, take a local train on JR Kotouku line, direction Takamatsu 高松. 5 stations (10 minutes).From Naruto take the train JR Naruto Line for Tokushima 徳島. 12 minutes later, change in Ikenotani 池ノ谷, to take the JR Koutoku Line, Takamatsu 高松 direction. Stop at the first station, 2 minutes later, Bando 板東.
Accomodations in Bando: minshukus and temple number 2, on your "Shikoku 88 Route Guide".
Here is the number 1 temple (ichiban 一番) Ryouzenji 霊山寺, where you start the pilgrimage, and where you can buy the Pilgrim kit